Sunday, December 6, 2009

December to Remember to Forget to Remember to Forgot that it’s December

December to Remember to Forget to Remember to Forgot that it’s December


A title that I get a good laugh at, because it’s inspired by an Elvis Presley song (“I Forgot To Remember To Forget”). But I did a couple of pieces last month (“Trials, Emotions, and a Yellow Note Pad” and “Down for the Count with Eric Darsie: the Temptation of Lust Kills”) that seemed like to get some feedback from some people, so I thought I will put out another piece on letting people know how things are going.

The biggest thing that I really discussed from “Trials, Emotions, and a Yellow Note Pad,” was my ministry outreach.

Things are a lot better since then. Things are turning around; God is moving through the bible study. The other co-leader and I are starting to feel more connected with our guys in Case Hall at SCSU, which is something I really enjoy. And the guys I get along with. I am pulling something off from a senior from last year is pointing at my guys and holler out “SAY IT!” and they would respond “yes” and I would holler back “YES!” Seems like they enjoy that, and I really enjoy that as well (thanks Kiekhoefer).

And I’ve been praying about maybe discipling a couple of my men. I have feel like God has placed a couple of them on my heart at the beginning of the semester to be intentional on seeing how they are in their walk with the Lord and all that fun jazz. I think that would be cool, as well as it is my fourth year this year at SCSU, and I only have three semesters left, I want to teach some future leaders that are in my bible study what God has taught me this past three and a half years in school.

From “Down for the Count with Eric Darsie: the Temptation of Lust Kills” article/blog…..:

Things are getting better. I have talked to one of my closer buds and he’s gonna check in on me on how things are, which are a huge help for me. But that’s really it for those two blogs….

But I guess school’s ending here within two weeks, which is super nice! Only have to turn in three papers, which I am excited for!

Been listening to a lot of wrestling podcasts (Ministry of Slam [from the UK], Pro Wrestling Radio [the show I call in and write for], and the Wrestling Observer [$9.99 a month for about 12 podcasts a week; they run anywhere from about 15 minutes to 90 minutes or so. They are really cool and great, I highly suggest to any wrestling fan!]), and that’s helped me on not wanting to watch much wrestling anymore.

And been listening to sermons. From John Piper, Mark Driscoll, and Matthew Moleksy. Piper is from the Cities, Driscoll is out of Seattle, and Molesky is out of St. Cloud.

All-in-all, that’s really it. Excited for the semester to end, have been tired of doing homework and excited to be able to relax for a couple of weeks before next semester. Winter break can’t come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment