Monday, November 30, 2009

Down for the Count with Eric Darsie: the Temptation of Lust Kills

Here's an article that I intent to email in to get posted up on CamelClutchBlog.com, but I feel like I also want it up here. Something that I've been dealing with lately, especially this morning. Hope ya'll enjoy.


Down for the Count with Eric Darsie: the Temptation of Lust Kills
By Eric Darsie


I’ve mentioned in prior CamelClutchBlog.com articles that I am a Christian. And to be honest, I am not really a big fan of bringing it up in an article for a pro wrestling and sports site because, simply, this is a sports site. But I am sure there are other Christians out there that can relate to what I am willing to talk about here in this article. And what is that? Lust. And the temptation that lures, for men, in that it kills.

With the little intro with why I am writing this article, I feel like people should know why lust and temptation is a huge thing for Christians and why we battle against it. Us Christians are called to have these things: “…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control… (Galatians 5:22-23 [NIV]).” Those things, for Christians, are known as the “Fruit of the Spirit.”

So how does this relate to temptation and lust that I brought up? Those two things go against faithfulness and self-control in the Fruit of the Spirit. How is temptation and lust against faithfulness and self-control? We are turning away from Christ to find contentment of the flesh with the flesh instead of Christ. We believers are called to be content with Christ and to turn away from the flesh.

“But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.” Ephesians 5:3-5 (NIV)

Okay, I have given some support behind my reasoning. The only question that makes sense to make now is the question of: is we know that we are to turn away from any kind of impurity, then why do Christians choose to sin? This is my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, but I believe that us Christians keep sinning because it’s our sinful nature in our fallen flesh that wants us to find instant gratification. Our bodies are against what God expects from us, that our bodies want what isn’t of God’s will for our lives.

All-in-all, I hope that this helped you all who don’t know anything of what Christians believe or don’t know what their views are on temptation and of lust. Those two things are huge for me right now that I am struggling with. So doing this article has helped me out on turning away from my sin and back to God where I want to be right now. I know with my fellow Christian friends also struggle with this to, so I hope that this article (blog, whatever you wanna call it) helps you out as well. If you are not a Christian, I hope you have an insight of what Christians view something that our bodies desire and long for. This is Eric Darsie from Minnesota, trying to recover from this ten count, goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. Good post Darsie!

    The desire to lust is deabilitating and the affects of committing lust is detremental to us. It is paramount that we set our eyes heavenward in faith, placing our reliance in the One who has gone before us!

    "For Christ died once for sin, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit" 1 Peter 3:18

    ReplyDelete