Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chris Jericho, the Ultimate Heel of Today


Who else today in the world of professional wrestling get’s attacked at a house show? Who else today get’s attacked out in a parking lot in his out country in the world of professional wrestling anymore? One man, the only man to hold the World Tag Team Championships by himself, the Undisputed Tag Team Champions, Chris Jericho!

Do you remember me
You can’t see the things
That make me who I am
You’ll never understand

I will admit, as I have in previous articles I have written and were published here on CamelClutchBlog.com, I am a huge Jericholic. I’ve always been since his days in the WWE, so have been for a decade now. I’ve been a fan of his when he was a face, but to be honest, I didn’t think he was taken seriously as a face. He got a few title shots at the WWE championship, but no one ever saw him as main event material.

And I gotta keep moving, you’re living off my sweat
Moving, the devil’s on my back
And these are the days that I dreamed about
And you’re always there to remind me

But when he was a heel, that’s when his wrestling ability and skill came out, I believe. I loved his face promos, but his heels are up there with the best mic workers in the business, guys like ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper, the ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair, and the ‘Only Olympic Gold Medalist in Professional Wrestling Today’ Kurt Angle. As a heel, he was able to show off what he could do as Tag Team Champions (like today), how he can evaluate the Intercontinental Championship (his run with Rey Mysterio), and as World Heavyweight Champion (fall of 2008).

You’re my enemy
All that we had has gone away
There are times that fade away
But you’ll still be my enemy

I cannot remember a heel hotter than Chris Jericho since the days of Roddy Piper and Ric Flair back in the 1980’s when they were in the WWF and NWA (respectively). I cannot think of anyone better than Jericho in the ring since the two legends I already mentioned. I do think that the WWE has a hot superstar right now and if they use him right, he can be the top heel for the company and could bring in huge draws with the top faces, and could help make new faces, and make new stars of the future.

The friend you had in me
You turned on so easily
I'm sad to see you go
At least now I know

People can say that he’s a hypocrite for turning his back on his fans to be a heel (Ricky ‘the Dragon’ Steamboat reference right here), but who else could be a hotter heel than Jericho? Randy Orton is there, and trying not to knock the guy, but Jericho has more experience to offer than Orton, and has more skill in the ring than Orton, in my opinion. Jericho is a diamond that I hope the WWE capitalizes on, I do believe that they can make the mega-bucks (Andre the Giant and ‘Million Dollar Man’ reference) with him as their top heel.

And I see clearly now
You tried to bleed me
And I see clearly now
You tried to feed on me

To conclude this article, the lyrics I used are Fozzy’s Enemy, Jericho’s band, from their third album ‘All That Remains,’ and I hope Jericho would be the WWE’s top heel and go against guys like Cena, Undertaker, and Michaels, before those guys get out and while Jericho still has his heat. Orton could take a lesson from Jericho on the mic, than Orton may become a hot heel like Mr. Jericho. Jericho, if you read this, thank you for the memories, and thanks for being my favorite wrestler, eeeeeeeeeeeever! This is Eric Darsie from Minnesota, loving Fozzy and loving the Jerichol I am drinking, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment